Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why aren't backpack vacuums more popular in the home?

On Jan 15, 4:18*pm, Don Wiss wrote:
I don't dislike vacuuming, what I dislike is the hassle of moving the
canister around my narrow row house and having to hold it for the stairs or
to vacuum high things. I'm fit with no back problems. I have no carpeting..
So a backpack unit makes sense. But they are sold for commercial
applications. What is so different?

I can't speak for everybody, but for me the showstopper would be the
noise. I want that sucker as far away from my ears as possible.

Cindy Hamilton