Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running gas line to new HW heater (pics)

I havn't seen anyone else make this comment, and someone
needs to:

"You don't have to heat hot water."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mikepier" wrote in message
I posted a few days ago on relocating my HW heater to make
more living
space in my basement. I purchased a Kenmore (AO Smith) HW
heater on
Friday and today I started piping the gas. It was a lot
easier for me
to come off the Tee for my furnace than to use the existing
gas line,
which will eventually be capped off and enclosed in the
wall. You
can't see it in these pics, but the old gas drop is
actually more to
the right of the old HW heater. Plus this also let me keep
the old HW
heater runnning while I work on the new one. Here are some
pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?