Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running gas line to new HW heater (pics)

On Jan 24, 12:38*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/22/2011 10:30 PM, Mikepier wrote:

I posted a few days ago on relocating my HW heater to make more living
space in my basement. I purchased a Kenmore (AO Smith) HW heater on
Friday and today I started piping the gas. It was a lot easier for me
to come off the Tee for my furnace than to use the existing gas line,
which will eventually be capped off and enclosed in the wall. *You
can't see it in these pics, but the *old gas drop is actually more to
the right of the old HW heater. Plus this also let me keep the old HW
heater runnning while I work on the new one. Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...VGmw?feat=dire....

Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?

if the feed to the tee you put in is 3/4 or larger, you should be fine.
* if you try to run the furnace AND the WH off a 1/2" line you could
possibly have problems.

--
Steve Barker

Since in your other post you asked about 1/2" T's the answer is
probably yes, there is something wrong. You can't run a furnace and a
hw heater both off 1/2" pipe. You need 3/4" up to the T.