Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Running gas line to new HW heater (pics)

On 1/22/2011 10:30 PM, Mikepier wrote:
I posted a few days ago on relocating my HW heater to make more living
space in my basement. I purchased a Kenmore (AO Smith) HW heater on
Friday and today I started piping the gas. It was a lot easier for me
to come off the Tee for my furnace than to use the existing gas line,
which will eventually be capped off and enclosed in the wall. You
can't see it in these pics, but the old gas drop is actually more to
the right of the old HW heater. Plus this also let me keep the old HW
heater runnning while I work on the new one. Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Is there anything wrong with doing it this way?

if the feed to the tee you put in is 3/4 or larger, you should be fine.
if you try to run the furnace AND the WH off a 1/2" line you could
possibly have problems.

--
Steve Barker