Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Mosler safe combination

On Jan 23, 9:21*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 20, 2:27*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:

Ignoramus3982 wrote:
Won a Mosler combination safe on ebay and am wondering about
something: is it possible to change the combination on such a safe?
This is a safe that opens with a key AND combination dial.

Also, is it wise to take it to a locksmith while it is in my truck?
Just to have it checked etc?

I think Roger Shoaf is a locksmith. *You might
try sending him an email.

Most locksmiths are highly protective of any
sort of information they have concerning opening
locks. *They will generally treat you as a thief
unless they know you.

That has been my experience.

Considering that I have known more about the safes in question than
those being pressed into experience, it has given me an insight into
the massive ego of locksmiths.

TMT

Well, there's ego, and I imagine there's also a degree of liability
that concerns them.