Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Can galvanized fittings be used with black iron pipe?

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:12:03 -0500, wrote:

This does not change the fact that the zinc is NOT a corrosion risk.

My black gas pipe(s) have a brass (yellow knob) 1/4 turn valve. Made
of brass, requiring zinc in the making, no? Then I just go to Casa
Depot and get a connection kit for the gas appliances. Stove-top,
clothes dryer and water heater. All kinds of metal used for all the
connections.

To much zinc in the making of brass might cause a brass fitting (PEX
connector) to leak.