Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 20 x G -- labor rate based on price of gasoline

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:53:21 -0500, Wes
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

It makes perfect sense if you accept gasoline as payment.

These days, that might actually be the smart thing to do. ;-D

Stuff doesn't store well. IIRC, the ethanol makes it deteriorate even quicker than
straight gasoline.

I hear all these horror stories about bad gas, but I've almost never
had any go bad. I've stored cans for a couple years and used them in
the mower without trouble. I prime and start it the first time, every
time (except that second year with my newest mower and I followed the
instruction instead of my head and didn't prime the **** out of it
until it started.)

The only time I've had any trouble with gas is when it sat for 5+
years in an unused tool's tank and carb, especially 2-strokes, where
the oil turns to thick grease.

As to the ethanoled gas deteriorating, try the un-diluted stuff.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp Click on your state for a list.

Everybody repeat after me: ETHANOL SUCKS! BAN ETHANOL!

--
"I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded
professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who