Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

Leon wrote:

Max

I am not trying to sell you any thing and am not suggesting that you buy any
safety equipment. I am only saying that only a naive person thinks that he
knows enough to prevent every possible scenario that could lead to an
accident.

Yes, but there are all kinds of mishaps that can lead to all kinds of
accidents. SawStop helps prevent basically one sort.

Some people mentioned accidents with a TS blade even though the blade
wasn't moving. Are these the result of reaching across the blade or
falling on it in some way? I honestly never considered those possibilities.

The salesman at Woodcraft say that the Sawstop is better than the Unisaw
even without the safety features. BTW, the "industrial model" (30" wide
table) is $4500, and the "professional model" (w/27" table) is closer to
$2900. Mobile bases are an extra $200, or $300 for the "hydraulic"
version. Salesman was not aware of any differences between the
industrial and professional models beyond the size of the table and the
location of the blade adjustment cranks. At this juncture, I am not
seriously considering spending $4500 on a TS anyway. One needs to draw
the line somewhere...lol.

Bill

Now if you have never ever had an accident or cut yourself with a nife or
any similar object I'd say that you were 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000, but I
doubt you all in that percentile.