Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Max" wrote in message
eb.com...
"Leon" wrote
When you don't prescribe to the letter you take risk. When you take
risks you open up to the chance of an accident. You have to weigh the
risk and be your own judge.

Precisely.

Max

Having hashed through this back and forth, now you agree. But the question
still nags concerning your attitude towards when to quit working with
woodworking machines. Will you quit when you think you are not capable of
working safely or after you have an accident and then realize you are no
longer capable of working safely?

"And *I* wouldn't buy one because when the time comes that my common sense,
agility, and attention to safety factors are so badly deteriorated that I
feel the need for the device I will discontinue using a table saw."

So how will you know when your common sense is gone? Seems to me common
sence would indicate that you and I both are imperfect and that neither of
us is prepaired for each and every possible accident that might happen in
the future. Commen sense tells me that I am imperfect, I can make a
mistake, and that I may not know that I am no longer capable untill I do
something that may lead to an accident.