Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Two phases or not?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:24:13 -0500, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

If there were two electrically isolated windings, with opposite polarity,
you would clearly have two phases. (I think.)

Reminds me of the story of two carpenters. One says, "Half of my nails
have the head on the wrong end." His partner responds, "You dummy,
those are for the other side of the house!"

And the other carpenters doing the other side of the house: "Damn, I
just cut this board too short." His partner replies, "Simple, just
turn it around and cut somemore off the other end..."