Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default 20 x G -- labor rate based on price of gasoline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've been toying with making my business trip charge
dependant on gasoline. For example, choose a gas
station. My trip charge is 20 x G, with G being the
price of galon of gasoline. Labor rate is also 20 x G.
I'd have to figure out what's fair. But, the cost of
service would go up and down with gasoline.

Has anyone does this? Does it make sense?

I run a service business and I just set my hourly rate in my home coverage
area so that it can cover it. If I go to one site that's billable hours,
but only one fuel cost. If I am doing quicky service calls I organize them
by distance from each other when preactical. Outside my home coverage area
I charge a price per mile one way from my shop that varies based on the
price of fuel.