Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
George Herold[_2_] George Herold[_2_] is offline

Default Nickel plated polyimide--where to get?

On Jan 21, 10:18*pm, Phil Hobbs
wrote:
whit3rd wrote:
On Jan 20, 8:32 pm, Phil Hobbs
*wrote:
I have a partly-baked idea for improving temperature controllers, but it
requires a bunch of nickel plated polyimide film--say 3 to 8 mils thick,
with 40 microinches of electroless nickel on it.

So, plate your nickel onto anything you want, *then apply/bake the
polyimide as a conformal coating, and etch away the 'anything'
layer?

I'm attempting to throw money at the problem, hopefully in the direction
of somebody who's done it many times before. *That way I can get on with
the parts I'm not sure will work!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

email: hobbs (atsign) electrooptical (period) nethttp://electrooptical.net

A thermal Faraday shield sounds like some sort of distributed heating
(cooling?) Can you mock something up, by soldering together bits of
nickel wire? (I like phosphur bronze for heaters.)

George H.