Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Computer

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 22/01/2011 14:40, Steve Firth wrote:
Tim wrote:

Am I likely to have a facility on this m/c to create pdf files?

No, Macs come with the ability to create and manipulate PDF documents
built in (and to script the manipulation of those files) but heck you
buy inferior, you get inferior.

I bet I can but a decent PC, and the poshest version of acrobat for
good deal less than even a crap mac.

If you want to create PDF documents for free on Windows I suggest Cute
PDF. It's free, easy to use and produces better output than the Adobe
Distiller.

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

Enough already! My daughters insist on using Macs so I think it is a
generation issue:-)

I have book marked both above recommendations. Ta. If I ever need Docx
or pdf I'll know where to go:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb