Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Bottom entry cistern filling valve

On 22/01/2011 14:25 The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 22/01/2011 12:59, F wrote:
The fill on our toilet has slowed down and I've found a tiny tear in the
rubber diaphragm (http://www.spinningweb.net/usenet/valve.jpg). Is it
possible to buy replacements, or is it a completely new assembly
(http://www.spinningweb.net/usenet/assembly.jpg)?

Never seen one of those before! Is there a makers name anywhere?

If I'm looking at sourcing a new assembly, is the height relevant as
long as it's = the current? The currently installed is 11" high but I
can't find the same on Screwfix or Toolstation.

TIA

If you go for a new assembly I'd recommend a Fluidmaster;
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/84007/...-Fill-Valve-UK

Adjustable between 9" & 14"

Very simple to fit, excellent instructions.

Thanks, recommendation noted.