Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Humidifiers vs. mildew

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:45:00 +0000, "Steven L."
wrote:

Where I live, the weather forecast for this weekend calls for outside
temps to fall below zero degrees Fahrenheit. And I find that with the
heated indoor air being so dry, during sleep my throat gets parched at
night and my skin dries out too.

I've got a humidifier that I bought a long time ago but never used. I'm
thinking of using it. But the last time I used one of those, I got
condensation everywhere--the windows and window shades and even the
toilet bowl--and mold and mildew began to grow on those things.

Do folks here use humidifiers and just cope with the inevitable
condensation and mold and mildew? Or do they just live with the dry
heated air during winter?

BTW, I came upstairs to look for my box of humidifier parts, and read
my email and got into this thread.

The box isnt' here so I have to look in the basement some more.

I need to go online and order more humidifier parts.

-- Steven L.