Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Installing offset closet flange

Joe wrote in
:

On Jan 20, 10:40*pm, Red Green wrote:
Never installed an offset one.

Need to move a toilet away from the wall 1.5-2"" to meet the 12" spec
fro

finished wall. Waste is 3" PVC to basement. Best I can think of is to
use an offset flange which will give me what I need.

Question is in cutting the hole in the subfloor. Subfloor has been
replac

ed
with new. With std closet flange it's just a matter if locating
proper place and cut round hole to meet 3" soil pipe. Because of the
offset it seems the hole has to be cut oblong so it can be inserted
then sit flush (no pun intended). Is my figuring on track?

Wouldn't a 10" offset toilet work better?

Joe

Toilet is not my choice. Person said they had looked at a 10" but it was
considerably more expensive. The other thing is there is a floor joist
right at the old flange. The joist was cut into vertically to install the
previous metal (soft metal like lead or something) flange/pipe. The flange
had to move over a tad as well to account for the wider PVC outside necks.

Thanks for replying.