Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent Lamps Burn Out Faster Than Expected, LimitingEnergy Savings in California's Efficiency Program

On Jan 21, 12:44*pm, zek wrote:
On Jan 20, 3:45*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:

"Smitty Two" *wrote in message

news

I'm siding with other soothsayers predicting an LED revolution. The
latest issue of Digi-Key's "Tech Zone" trade journal is devoted to LED
lights. Colors are getting much better, the elusive triac dimming puzzle
has been solved, etc.

I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little more before I start
replacing our CFLs with LEDs. *The CFLs saved us a pile of money on our
electric bill although I have been disappointed in how short a lifespan some
of them have--LED lighting will take care of that. *Our neighbor who owns a
nightclub has gone with LED lighting including for stage lighting, it not
only saves him money on his power bill but the lights run a lot cooler so he
doesn't have to keep the air conditioning cranked all the time, saving more
money.

Try this again since OGGLE screwd up again.
I get about 12000 hours from a CFL left constantly on outside, and
that includes summertime very high heat inside a closed bell.
The more you turn them on the faster they will go bad.
I have had some go bad at the very beginning. There are so many
manufacturers
its hard to stay with old reliable.

I got a big problem with my LED's, my house transmits for a block.
My FM reception is horrible. I need to install many filters on
the DC current converters.

greg

I wanted to add, I have maybe 3 in the house I leave on all the time.
Partly for my kittys, and partly, it saves flicking the switch.

My LED's inside are on all the time, and are attached to a battery
backup. There are some in bathroom and kitchen under cabinet.
Will add some more when I finish basement.