Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Recessed lights in roof soffit

"ls02" wrote in message
I want to install recessed lights in roof soffit. Can I use ordinary
indoor RL housing? The housing will essentially be inside the soffit,
not exposed to weather.

I also want to trigger these soffit RLs with dusk to dawn and possibly
motion sensor but I could not find stand alone dusk to dawn sensor
anywhere.

I used the standard IC rated one for a porch light (2002). The electrical
inspector required the solid glass cover such as one would use over or near
a shower. The one I have at my residence (1995) is the same open baffle
design as the interior fixtures and uses an interior bulb.

As for your sensor: http://www.nextag.com/dusk-to-dawn-sensor/compare-html

I am fairly sure there is a line voltage version that could control the
entire circuit. You find this type of item at the BORG. Go to a supply
house.

--
Colbyt