Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas furnace troubleshooting

On Jan 21, 9:21*am, Some Guy wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Tell me now how much I'm saving the environment because of that.
Tell me how big my environmental footprint is because I don't
have kids. *Put that in your high-efficiency furnace and smoke
it.

Hmm,
Sounds like you are not normal human. Not main stream.

You mean that I don't follow conventional animal instincts (or religeous
dogma) by procreating?

It's normal for any animal (including humans) to pollute their
environment with abandon and with disregard to their own welfare or that
of the environment or future generations.

Reducing energy usage, forced increases in efficiency by regulation, or
recycling, is also "nor normal" for humans.

All of the environmental crises that the world now faces has it's root
cause in human population growth. *You fools think that simply driving a
prius, putting your aluminum cans and newspaper at the curb for
recycling, and spending thousands on new HVAC for your house every 10
years means that you can continue to pop-out kids and everything will be
ok. *Nobody wants to touch the issue of "too many people", especially in
the insanely religeous USA where the thinking is "you can never have
enough people because that's what god wants".

No, we think that doing those things is possible and changing the fact
that we have 6 billion people on the planet is unlikely. So instead
of ****ing and moaning about it some of us try to be more considerate
of our resource consumption. There is planty of resources if we go
about using them more intelligently. Curbing the population is a good
idea but there is always going to be billions of people on the planet
so we have to start doing some of the other things as well. We will
run out of fossil fuels. We're running out of many easily accessed
raw materals. Now we have to reusing what we have.