Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey Angus Jeffrey Angus is offline

Default Awesome speakers!!

On 1/21/2011 7:52 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
wrote:
I seem to remember Popular Electronics (I think) having
an article where you made the cabinets out of a section
of flue liner.

It was made from glazed tile sewer pipe. That was the DrainPipe 8
speaker.

And then I found this...

I think David Weems did something such as
this in one of his speaker books from the
80s. If I recall, he used the chimney flues
which were rectangular and had rounded
corners. He cut the flue in half, making an
angled cut, so each piece had a slanted
front baffel, which was made of wood.

From what I can remember, it made a great
cabinet. I think it was Weems.

My memory served me well. He used 9"x13"x24" chimney flue tile, and cut
it in two, by making an angled cut, using a masonry blade attached to a
skil saw.

Jeff
the other other one.