Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

On 1/21/2011 11:23 AM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
For the amounts of money you are talking about, would raising the floor 10
inches around and in the vicinity of the saw be unthinkable? Or, IIRC,
are you working in a smallish interior room?

You're talking about a much larger area. It would be a number of feet around
the saw to accomodate the wheelchair rolling safetly around the saw and not
unwittingly going over an edge.

Yes, but I would not leave an edge. You seem to be working well with a
benchtop TS, no? I commend you for your devotion to the craft.

Bill

I'd suggest that a safe zone would be in
excess of 200' square feet. An average wheelchair requires an approximate
minimum of 5 feet for a turning radius. So, think of a five foot wide border
around a saw. Add onto that infeed and outfeed tables and the space needed
grows exponentionally.