Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Would it be possible to lower the saw into an elevated platform with
gentle ramps? How much of a height difference are we talking about?

It would be possible with ramps as I've talked about previously, but it
would be a ramp for the saw only. Ramps in themselves are inherently
dangerous for wheelchairs because they contribute to a change of balance and
equilibrium while you're using them. I'd be much more likely to tip my
wheelchair and break a leg or something while going up or down a ramp than I
would ever be cutting a finger off with a tablesaw. And in this case, we're
talking about a 6"-8" difference needed for a ramp to equalize the
difference between a standard height Sawstop and an Access model General
650.