Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Competition for SawStop ?

In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...

"dpb" wrote in message
J. Clarke wrote:

No, they don't. At least not on dry pavement--there's no discernible
distance between typical stopping distances for ABS and no ABS. They can
beat most drivers most of the time on wet pavement though.

As long as the driver can exert maximum braking force and not lock them
up, anyway...

--

Actually ABS brakes do indeed work better on dry pavement. One might think
incorrectly that dry pavement would make all tires lock up at the same time

But did you stop shorter than you would have without ABS and if so how
did you determine this? And why does every test comparing ABS with no
ABS on dry pavement conclude that it does not stop shorter?