Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

On Jan 21, 8:23*am, "Upscale" wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I'd choose the saw which didn't have the asshole attorney attached to
it, the Whirlwind licensed machine, of course.

And when you cut something off, some asshole attorney is going to be your
painful best friend.

I'd buy the Sawstop too, except for one thing. A standard tablesaw is too
high for me to safely use. The only option for me is the Access model
General 650. Considering it cost as much or a little more than the Sawstop,
the factor of money doesn't really come into play, not unless I'd be willing
to spend some $10,000 or more for a computer controlled saw. And yes, I
inquired if there was enough space inside the Sawstop cabinet to possibly
lower the saw and there isn't, not even close. Not to mention the voiding of
any warranty.

Would it be possible to lower the saw into an elevated platform with
gentle ramps? How much of a height difference are we talking about?