Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
J.B. Wood J.B. Wood is offline

Default Music Servers

On 01/20/2011 12:19 PM, Joel Koltner wrote:
"J.B. Wood" wrote in message
Hello, and I've appliances here at work that are capable of streaming
MPEG-4 video and audio. They are made by VBrick Systems but they cost
several thousand dollars each.

Have you ever opened one up to see if it's running an x86 CPU? I'd say
there's a very good chance they do!

Hello, and all I know for sure is that they use a VxWorks embedded RTOS.
The model 4300 encoder boxes I have are a few years old and I don't
know what OS/processors VBrick Systems is using in their current product
line. Sincerely,

--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory