Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Larry Jaques" wrote

May I spell it out for you? I'm using a SWAG to estimate an 80ips
speed. Perhaps someone can actually -time- the speed of a flailing
hand as a person slips and tries to catch himself. Then have Sawstop
test a wiener at that speed instead of in slow-mo, as they do now.

Very likely true, but we won't know until we see the experiment
performed. What I'm saying is that the demo is deficient, showing
only the best-case scenarios. Let's see worst-case!

Shall I spell it out for you?
If the blade guard is in place as it should be (and I might add will most
likely be in the case of an owner who thinks he/she needs the safety margin
the SawStop is supposed to provide) the damage will likely be less than you
suggest. or not?

Max