Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default One problem replaced by another. OIl furnace burns, stops after9seconds

Tony Miklos wrote:

On 1/20/2011 5:13 PM, mm wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:06:10 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Jan 20, 6:40 am, wrote:
So everything was fine, and now my oil furnace starts, runs for about
9 seconds with a good yellow flame, and stops.

In a while I can press reset and then the same thing happens.

9 seconds is not enough time for the fan to go on, of course. Now it
might be even a little shorter.

Hellllllllp!

A good Yellow flame, is like pouring money down a lady, that wont
produce. BLUE is a clean burn.

Oil burns yellow. If there is not enough air, it might burn dark
yellow, and if there is too much air, it is iiuc light yellow (or
bright yellow?) or even white or near white, though I've never seen
white.

Yellow? What are you burning, crude oil or heating oil?

#2 diesel / heating oil I expect. I've never seen an oil flame that
could be remotely described as "blue".