Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Gas furnace troubleshooting

Bobo wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:19:34 -0500, Home wrote:

Bobo wrote:

I'm having a furnace problem.

I never have problems with my 34-year-old furnace.

I turn the furnace on. The draft inducer runs,

I don't have a draft inducer fan.

the igniter lights up and then the gas goes on.

I don't have an ignitor.

It stays on just about till the blower starts and then the gas
goes off. The blower keeps going for a little while then shuts
off. I had an extra thermostat and changed that out with no
change.

I cleaned the flame sensor.

I don't have a flame sensor. I have a standing pilot light.

The furnace has been running fine for years until this happened
today.

Hmmm. Coldest night of the year?

My furnace has been running more years just fine than yours has.

Anybody know what's wrong?
Thanks

Your furnace is over-technologized just so you can save an extra $10
worth of natural gas per year beyond what your modern heat-exchanger is
giving you.

Enjoy.

In my last house I had a furnace older than yours. Put a new motor in
it, bearings, thermocuple I don't know what all. It was underwater a
couple of times. This one's run for eleven years with no problem. So
Kiss my ....

Hmmm,
People like you are a part of problem not solution. We try to keep our
environment clean. conserve energy, etc. I bet you still drive model T
and you never recycle anything. Wonder what kind of efficiency your
aging furnace has. If every household saves 10.00 a month nationwide
how much will it amount to? What kind of world are you trying to pass
onto your kids, grand kids, and great grand kids? I bet it is none of
your business.