Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Default Are CRT monitor registers standardized?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message s.com...
On 1/20/2011 6:44 AM lid spake thus:

Hi all, I used WinDAS to adjust G2 on an overbright Sony F500R monitor, and want to learn about a few of the other registers,
especially 22-38 and the relationships between them (full dump copied
below). Google was useless.

In general are these registers standard across monitor
manufacturers?

[snip]

REG# ** LABEL ** VALUE NOTES

[...]

104 ** H_PHASE ** 149
105 ** H_SIZE ** 114
106 ** V_CENTER ** 148
107 ** V_SIZE ** 132
108 ** PIN ** 136
109 ** PIN_BAL ** 128
110 ** KEY ** 128
111 ** KEY_BAL ** 128
112 ** MOIRE_CANCEL_SW ** 0
113 ** MOIRE_LEVEL ** 0

Hmm; if I didn't know better, I'd say at least some of these look like the OSD controls in registers. So while I can't help you,
I'd say chances are good that there might be a standard.

(Or if there isn't one, there *should* be ...)

Yes, what I posted is a partial dump of the F500R's registers. There
are 6 or 7 pages of them, but the rest look like frequencies, resolutions
etc and other numeric values. The final page is called "Fact Free" and
I'm still clueless about what that is.

I started to read the Service Manual (btw Sony has them on their site
now at
http://esi.sony.ca/esupport/esupport/) and it's almost complete
Greek to me. Without a couple thousand dollars (at least) in equipment
I can't hope to follow it.