Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Manual crank for chinese lathe G9722Z

I wish this stuff would have been chips...

Finished up the 1/2 inch shaft, 1018 threads look like trash, but they
cleaned up with a die.

Figured out the gears for the lathe. 16 tpi is right on.

On 1/20/2011 18:19, dan wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:15:45 -0600:

Stainless steel cuts well with CCMT inserts, but leaves a long, stringy
swarf. Think of it as miniature general purpose barbed tape obstacle. I
have the cuts to prove it (yes, my blood is red). Do not try to pull it
off a leadscrew, use metal snips to cut it off.

I find that a great tool for pulling chips is a fish hook remover.
The kind that has a pistol grip.

google "Pistol grip hook remover" for pics.