Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Butt welding ends of 1/16" stainless wire

On Jan 20, 6:17*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:01:06 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

--snip--
Then there was a re-org that involved more politics than reason and my
skunkworks and I got nuked. *But it lasted for 15 years and we had one
hell of a good time while it lasted.

Good on ya, Don. *Sometimes intelligence and bravery
are rewarded.

You can bet all your people look back on that time with
great fondness and respect.

Dittoes, Don. *Congrats on creating an environment where you and your
fellow workers could thrive happily and be much more productive than
the typical corporate mice.

*Damn the cubicles. Full speed ahead!

* *They stuck you in a cubical? *I had three 4' X 8' workbenches,
multiple carts stacked high with test equipment, a stereo microscope on
another cart, and industrial steel shelving loaded down with databooks.
They didn't have a cubicle big enough for all my stuff.

I had a room 24' square, possibly the largest office at MITRE, but
back by the boiler room like Dan Ackroyd's in Spies Like Us.

jsw