Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compact Fluorescent Lamps Burn Out Faster Than Expected, LimitingEnergy Savings in California's Efficiency Program

On 1/20/2011 9:42 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

In article
,
Molly Brown wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...595565026.html

I'm siding with other soothsayers predicting an LED revolution. The
latest issue of Digi-Key's "Tech Zone" trade journal is devoted to LED
lights. Colors are getting much better, the elusive triac dimming puzzle
has been solved, etc.

They may have solved those problems, but what hasn't been solved is the
LED's inherent power inefficiency as the devices get scaled up from
cell-phone size. It's pretty much a brick-wall problem at this point.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconduct...ds-dark-secret

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.