Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent Lamps Burn Out Faster Than Expected, LimitingEnergy Savings in California's Efficiency Program

On Jan 20, 12:42*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
*Molly Brown wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57603389059556...

I'm siding with other soothsayers predicting an LED revolution. The
latest issue of Digi-Key's "Tech Zone" trade journal is devoted to LED
lights. Colors are getting much better, the elusive triac dimming puzzle
has been solved, etc.

Well, I have been using CFL's for 20 years. Not exclusively, but now
they are dirt
cheap. Some burn out right away, and I hate Feit brand.. They have
more
parts and have more problems. They burn out quicker the more you turn
them on and off.

I got lights constantly on in the house. I got CFL's and LED's.
I got LED's all over outside. I'm going to do some updating, and found
the new CREE
with high output. I always use the CREE warm white when possible. I
cannot stand blue light.
Blue light is harsh and scatters too much. I saw the new LED style but
have not come
across it yet. The new LED light is almost like a CFL. Its got a large
outer bulb with
florescent material. Inside are a number of UV LED's which illuminate
the outer bulb.

Here is the new CREE dulux and you can easily get 900 Lumen s or
more.....
http://ledsupply.com/creexpg-ww315.php

greg