Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Are CRT monitor registers standardized?

On 1/20/2011 6:44 AM lid spake thus:

Hi all, I used WinDAS to adjust G2 on an overbright Sony F500R
monitor, and want to learn about a few of the other registers,
especially 22-38 and the relationships between them (full dump copied
below). Google was useless.

In general are these registers standard across monitor
manufacturers?

[snip]

REG# ** LABEL ** VALUE NOTES

[...]

104 ** H_PHASE ** 149
105 ** H_SIZE ** 114
106 ** V_CENTER ** 148
107 ** V_SIZE ** 132
108 ** PIN ** 136
109 ** PIN_BAL ** 128
110 ** KEY ** 128
111 ** KEY_BAL ** 128
112 ** MOIRE_CANCEL_SW ** 0
113 ** MOIRE_LEVEL ** 0

Hmm; if I didn't know better, I'd say at least some of these look like
the OSD controls in registers. So while I can't help you, I'd say
chances are good that there might be a standard.

(Or if there isn't one, there *should* be ...)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.