Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Awesome speakers!!

I was actually looking for some good speakers when I came across
the ad, but seriously though, the whole audio sector is so overhyped.
I know a couple of guys developing speakers, and the way they go on,
its more magic than physics.

Not in the case of electrostatic or "orthodynamic" speakers. When properly
executed, such drivers are superior to cone drivers.

I'd like to see a pro review of those speakers, they may well sound
great, but so far I've not found anything. The QUADs look good but
again way out of my price range.

Given that they use SEAS drivers, they're probably very good. But there are
better speakers for the same or less money.

I see nothing wrong with a "serious" listener spending $15K for a pair of
speakers -- that's what you spend on a car these days. But most people don't
see it that way.

If $15K is outside your budget, listen to the less-expensive Martin-Logan
hybrid electrostatics. They're not "cheap", but you're getting a really fine
speaker at a "reasonable" price.

If you don't want 'stats, listen to B&W. They're among the few "neutral"
dynamic speakers that don't sound insipid. If I didn't own planar speakers,
I would own B&Ws. (At one time, I did.)