Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pet hates ?

It's hard /not/ to interpret such a description as an intentional
insult. I can't imagine what it actually means -- in any innocuous
sense, anyway.

There ya go then!

Please don't semi-quote Ronald Reagan. It's not becoming.

If I'd been in a debate with Ronnie, and he'd pulled that "There you go,
again" crap with me, I would have ripped him a new one, even if it cost me
the election.

(This is way OT, but remember last year when Barney Frank ripped into a
stupid woman who was griping about Obama being Moslem? I was proud to be
queer. If all politicians -- conservative or liberal -- were that
intelligent and quick witted, the level of political discourse in this
country would be at a much higher level.)

Anyone from the UK would see it as a quick-fire throw-away
line, and would laugh at it. It's sort of intended to be 'barbed',
but not in a malicious way. It's a very hard to describe form
of humour that is quite prevalent over here.

I admire someone who can come up with quick throw-aways -- but unless they
make them all the time, it's hard to tell they're supposed to be humorous.

I offended people with "innocuous" wisecracks so many times that I gradually
became careful about what I said. A word to the wise...?

If you cut yourself on barbed wire -- you're cut, regardless of how you came
in contact with the wire.