Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 50 year old house.. Wood doors need to be repained. need to removepaint,, advice on sanding etc

On 1/19/2011 3:14 PM spake thus:

removing paint restores all sorts of details lost be many coats of
paint

This would be about the only valid reason to try to strip paint from the
door.

If there are details that are gunked-over with many layers of paint, you
could just strip these places. You don't need to take the entire door
down to bare wood.

Keep in mind, too, that there are businesses that specialize in
stripping furniture, and apparently have stripping tanks large enough to
dunk an entire door in. You might consider this, if the whole door
really does need to be stripped. Plus they take care of disposing of all
the toxic **** left over afterwards.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.