Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default 50 year old house.. Wood doors need to be repained. need to removepaint,, advice on sanding etc

On 1/19/2011 4:05 PM, KOS wrote:
Hi
I am going to repaint a wood bathroom door in a 50 year old house. The
doors are in really good condition. I would like to remove the paint
from the door... I have a sander but whenever I use it dust covers the
entire room, so I dont want to use that.. Any liquids that work well
for this type of project?

Jasco.

15 minutes. Probably not environmentally friendly but it flat out works.
Use "rubber" gloves. If you have multiple layers you may need more than
one application.

Jeff

I did use an environmentally friendly
"paste" that you put it on and wait 24 hours then scrap off- but I
dont think that will work on the door, as the paint is pretty good on
there. Thanks