Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default Pet hates ?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:39:09 -0000, N_Cook wrote:

The harware that I always have problems with in the UK , never organised a
stock of, is UNF and UNC nuts and bolts for USA kit. And of course,vice
versa, repairers in USA never have metric (and lesser extent BA) for UK and
Japanese kit

Here in the colonies, whenever I have a piece of unrepairable Made in
Japan, Made in Tiawan, Made in Korea kit, or Made in China POS that is
going to the landfill, I use some of my 'mental health' time to
disassemble the thing and toss all the screws, nuts, washers, shaft nuts
and washers, etc. into a bank of 'metric' jelly jars.
WFM

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux