Posted to rec.woodworking
deadgoose deadgoose is offline

Default Bamboo Cutting Boards?

*And technically it is NOT wood, but grass.
Bamboo mixing spoons are highly regarded by many chefs,

Only kind I will use. They do "fuzz up" a bit in the dishwasher gasp
after a while, but a couple of passes with a palm sander and #100 grit
solves that.

They are *MUCH* stronger than the usual wooden ones you buy.

We have a number of cutting boards of bamboo in our kitchen. I don't
run them through the dishwasher, but just wipe off with a sponge or
damp cloth. No evidence of anything coming out of the laminations.
They are pretty hard and do not show knife cuts like the polyethylene
type do.