Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lloyd, coolant pump

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

Once, I needed serious flow for a deep bore on my Mazak lathe and just
didn't have it. Taking the pump apart and cleaning, replacing the main
hose and cleaning the manifold and nozzles produced amazing results

My pump (and Iggy's) has impeller passages about 3/8" square. All of my
screens are below 10-mesh, and my final screen at the sump drain is 14-
mesh.

There's nothing that small that can snag in the pump. It may make it
into the sump, but it just sits there - at best - or circulates - at
worst - to eventually clog up my manifold valve when I've got it set to a
mere dribble.

I don't walk away from my machine when it's running a part, so if the
coolant flow starts to sag, I just twitch the valve for a second, and
everything is back to normal. I'd say it happens - maybe - every four or
five hours of cutting time.

LLoyd