Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What is this called? It's not really flex duct

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:45:03 -0500, DT
wrote:

mm wrote:

And so far I have found images but no residential quality for sale, I
guess because they're bulky to ship and can be fabricated locally?
But even if I don't find any in a catalog, at least I'll know what to
ask for when I call places here. That's great.

Find a distributor that carries Standex duct fittings. The "Snappy"
(trade name), catalog is pretty much the standard around here. Here is
the catalog page with the duct connectors. Any good heating/plumbing
house should have them, or can order the size you need.

/catproduct.php?style=41&stylename=Flexible%20Conne ctor

Oh, wow, yes. That's the picture and I'm pretty sure the dimensions
are in that list. Thanks a lot.

For the record, the dimensions are that of the duct it is mating with,
measured NOT at the very end, right? That is, without any cleats on
there now or anything else that might make the end bigger than the
middle?

Hey, they even have an "Upcoming event" in Baltimore, although it was
last September!