Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Automatic fire sprinklers

On Jan 17, 10:31*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
?
"Evan" wrote

Ed:

Code here is all smoke detectors wired in to sound at the same time...
So your $10 per room solution is WAY off, it would cost much more
than that to accomplish what is required by code...

Charcoal in a grill creates smoke, enough smoke to activate a smoke
detector if said grill is used inside a confined space like a small
bedroom...

Assuming the detector is in the bedroom. In most places, it is allowable to
have them in hallways and a bedroom can be shut off from the detectors by
just closing a door.

Yeah, I doubt it until the Commonwealth's District Attorneys present
evidence in court to prove she was or wasn't insane at the time the
accused crime took place... *If you are making all your determinations
based on sound bites heard on the news you aren't much use as
a potential juror because you have already made up your mind...

I'd make the perfect juror. *In fact, the accused should be sitting in the
electric chair in the courtroom so when the verdict is read, the judge just
hits the switch. *We can save a lot of time and money that way.

Anyone that tries to kill their child is mentally ill. *Nothing to debate.

Which is EXACTLY why you would NOT make a perfect juror, your
mind is already made up based on the barest understanding of the
concept and not even the faintest whiff of the evidence...

So in your eyes, would a booking picture of someone with red
bloodshot eyes be the only thing you would need to see to find
someone guilty of DUI ?

Sadly your blood lust and desire for revenge is misplaced...
Massachusetts has no death penalty... You would be wise
to push aside your preconceived notions and flawed schemas
of how people work emotionally -- if you were on the jury
hearing this case, and you really felt strongly about your
belief that anyone who tries to kill their child is mentally
ill, you would have to find the accused not guilty by reason
of mental illness or defect OR be dishonest and make
a the choice wanting to hear nothing beyond what you
had already decided the first day in court when you were
being empaneled as a juror...

To find someone guilty of a crime in Massachusetts you
must believe that they knowingly committed the offense
they are accused of and that they were not influenced by
or had their mental faculties impeded by a mental illness...

I hope you remember that when you see such stories and realize that
everyone will be doing the same thing if you were ever arrested for
something like that rather than giving the benefit of the doubt and
letting
it play out in court in a year or 18 months from now, rather than the
court of public opinion from the news reports who possess very little
in the way of facts or evidence about the case...

If I tried to kill my kids, I'd expect to be put away or, if successful,
give the death penalty posthaste.

That said, under present circumstances, I'm against the death penalty. Why?
Because it costs so damned much for appeals and takes too much time.
Cheaper to toss the bad guys in a cell. *No TV either.

Cheaper to toss bad guys in a cell ? ROFL... You don't have a
clue...
It is NOT cheaper to toss the bad guys in a cell, especially with LIFE
sentences in play... Someone who is 30 at the time of conviction can
live another 50+ years behind bars... It costs a lot to house those
people in humane conditions (properly controlled environmental
conditions,
no overcrowding), feed them three times a day, clothe them and provide
for their healthcare... Costs per inmate vary by facility but can be
upwards of $50,000 per inmate per year...

~~ Evan