Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loss of pressure on hot side of single handle Moen sink faucet: Solved

On Jan 18, 9:24*pm, frank1492 wrote:
Well...sort of. *At least the problem no longer exists. I removed the
stop valves, checked both them and the flexible tubing to the Moen and
could not find any evidence of blockages. Still, I replaced the old
style stop valves with ball types. At some point while I was testing
the flow with aerator in place the flow stopped completely. The
aerator was clogged with white, hard debris, assumed to be calcium.
I have no idea where in the system this was originally lodged, but I
now have full pressure on both hot and cold sides. (I guess I would
still suspect the cartridge itself although it was thoroughly
inspected and is clear plastic so any debris should have been
detected.)
* * *The perplexing part is the water comes from a reservoir not a
well and should be very soft.
* * *Was this calcium or something else, and if calcium, why?
* * *Thanks all for prior help.
* * * * * Frank

By stop valves, do you mean what are commonly called shutoffs?