Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default plumbing adding a basement sink

On Jan 18, 11:38*am, Limp Arbor wrote:
My sewer pipe is cast iron and comes through the basement wall about
24" off of the floor. *There is a Y fitting and elbow to turn the pipe
90deg and run it along the wall. *The straight portion of the Y has a
cleanout plug.

Question:

Can I put in a slop sink and using appropriate fittings run the P trap
into the Y where the cleanout plug currently resides?

My obvious concern is getting backup of other waste water into the
slop sink. *About 4' upstream of the Y is a sanitary T running to a
1st floor toilet. *Right below the toilet flange is a 2" wet vent that
goes to two first floor sinks (a lav and a slop sink for the washer).
The main continues around the basment walls to the back of the house
for the kitchen and two second floor full baths (30' upstream of the
first T).

My plan is to move the 1st floor slop sink along with the washer into
the basement. *The only thing left on the wet vent at the first toilet
would be the sink in the 1st floor half bath. *Currently no drainage
problems at all with 2 1/2 baths, DW, and washer.

Waddya think?

Here is a link to picture of my setup

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...r/Plumbing.jpg