Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Pet hates ?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:54:35 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

Great dollops of that white goo between metal to metal thermally
conductive surfaces. Heatsink to metal casing in amplifiers etc. I'm not
sure why it is even necessary with perhaps 20 square inches of contact
and bolts between. I always wipe away with paper etc on first parting
but always some gets on my clothing - I've not worn white lab coats for
many a year.

Overuse of that stuff is worse for thermal conductivity than none at all.
I've clean up gobs of it since they started using it decades ago.