Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Reduce power of a microwave oven?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Bacon, eggs, burger were some examples.

A microwave oven is ideal for bacon, because all it needs is a thorough
heating. Which is all a microwave oven does... It doesn't actully /cook/
anything.

I seem to remember that we had this discussion once before some years back.
It depends on how you define the word "cook". Using the traditional
definition of 'preparing food by use of heat' I would contend that this is
exactly what a microwave oven does - or am I missing something ... ? If I
am, then what *is* cooking that a conventional oven does differently ?

Arfa