Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My most recent drum project

In article 0d7de127-d67c-4fbf-bf28-54bdaf383cb4
@k25g2000vbl.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 18, 11:01*am, Steve Turner
wrote:

Well Robert, this is where you come in. *:-) *I sprayed one single wet coat of
the satin "Kwick Kleen" conversion lacquer that you steered me towards.

Wow! How cool is that? You never know, right?

Actually, the can says "fast drying polyurethane", but it thins with lacquer
thinner, and it certainly looks, smells, and feels like a lacquer to me.
I LOVE the stuff! *It goes on like a dream, dries to the touch in about 5
minutes, and looks gorgeous. *Thanks a million for the recommendation.

I am hugely pleased you liked it (and that it worked for you!) as it
is certainly my favorite finish. When I need a go-to, bullet proof
finish, that's my first choice.
Never let me down yet, and I have put about 40 gallons on all manner
of projects inside and out.

Honestly, I don't know what it is.

Googling "Kwik Kleen" I find that there isn't an "it". They have a
"fast drying polyurethane" and a "Kwick Kat" precatalyised lacquer and
about 5 pages of other stuff just under "Finishes and Sealers".

I went to my Dad's house a couple of months ago and looked at the
front door he had me replace along with hardware, etc. He was an
older fella then, and wanted a good finish on it, but nothing too
exotic. That was about 8 years ago. It looks brand new!

I might have to rustle around the HD and find a pic to post of that
one as it was an unusual grain pattern that I set on fire. You would
probably get a charge out of it.

I just go through looking over your finished project and your most
excellent plane. Great stuff.

Robert