Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Russell Richard Russell is offline

Default OTish :- wifi range extender with RJ45 sockets??

On Jan 19, 12:25 pm, Gordon Henderson wrote:

You're after a Wi-Fi Client Bidge device. Box with antennae and an
Ethernet socket. Gives the abiltiy to plug one (or more) devices into it.
Some standalone access points can work in this mode.
I use Draytek AP700's for this purpose. They're about £60 depending on
where you buy. (I'm a Draytek dealer so get them direct)

If the OP simply wants a WiFi-to-RJ45 adapter the NetGear WNCE2001 is
cheaper and a doddle to set up:

http://www.netgear.com/landing/wnce2001.aspx

For some reason they seem to market this as primarily for 'home
entertainment' use, but it's perfectly suitable for connecting to a PC
AFAIK.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/