Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default OT Did You Know It Costs More Than a Penny to Make a Penny?

Harry K wrote:

On Jan 18, 4:16 pm, Rick Brandt wrote:
Harry K wrote:
One of the major reasons for the dollar coin flop is the size. It is
too close to a quarter.

I hear that a lot, but I don't buy it. ALL paper money is exactly the
same size and weight. Solution? You actually have to look at it. No
reason the same doesn't apply to coins.

The dollar coin will be hugely successful the moment they stop printing
paper ones.

There is a big difference between "successful" and "popular". Give
the coin a distinctive size so you can tell it by feel would be a big
start. that the "powers' can't seem to _get_ that simple concept is
amazing.

To make it very distinctive would cause people to complain that it is too
large and also drive up cost and weight. We had large coins and people
didn't carry them.

Screw "popular". It's money. Someday we'll be doing it all with our phones
or other e-methods anyway.